I love wraps and burritos with rice in them. This recipe is very simple (after removing everything we don’t like), but it tastes amazing. The sour cream can not be left out, it’s the star of the dish! Plan ahead and make some shredded chicken in the crockpot during the day, or keep some on hand in the freezer.
Yield: 4-5 wraps.
- 1-2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, Mexican blend, etc.)
- sour cream
- 6 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Mix rice together with lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt. Add in chicken, black beans, and whatever else sounds good (corn? tomatoes? bell peppers? green chiles? jalapeños?).
- Sprinkle cheese on tortilla, then dollop on sour cream and spread chicken and rice mixture down center. Roll up the wraps and flatten slightly. Don’t be stingy with the sour cream… think sauce, not accent!
- Spray the seam side with cooking spray, then place seam side down on a hot skillet for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Spray the top side with cooking spray, flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
(Adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.)