This meal is supposed to come with a tablespoon of pesto for fat and flavor, but I don’t like pesto enough to justify the price of 2 cups of basil. So, I’m planning to experiment with adding some parmesan or nuts or something to the “rice”.
Yield: 4 meals
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cauliflower (about 30-ounce head)
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 pound baby spinach (tail on)
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and rice it in batches using a food processor.
- In a large skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the cauliflower. Season with salt/pepper to taste (and other seasonings as desired). Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another large skillet with a lid, heat up another tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the shrimp (optional: remove tails). Season with salt and pepper, and add parsley. When shrimp is nearly done, add the butter and half the lemon juice. Remove shrimp with tongs to reserve pan juices.
- Cook the spinach in the same pan as the shrimp, adding more as it cooks down.
- Divide into 4 containers, each containing 1 cup of cauliflower rice, ¼ of the shrimp, and ¼ of the spinach. Serve with ½ tablespoon Parmesan sprinkled over rice.
Macros: 254 calories / 13.1 grams fat / 6.7 grams carbohydrates / 32 grams protein
(Adapted from Fit Couple Cooks Shrimp Meal Prep.)