This recipe is from Campbell’s. I tend to avoid cooking with canned soups, but this dish is too fast, easy, and tasty to pass up.
- 3 or 4 boneless pork chops, ¾ inch thick
- 1½ teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard (I use Grey Poupon Country Dijon Mustard)
- Season the pork with the lemon pepper seasoning. Don’t go overboard or the sauce will be excessively tangy. Just a light sprinkle.
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on both sides.
- Stir the soup, milk and mustard in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10-20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through (145°).
I serve with about ⅔ a bag of extra wide egg noodles.
(Adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen.)