The original meal calls for a homemade BBQ sauce but I prefer ketchup, which adds 10 grams of carbohydrates. A low-carb ketchup would be better if I can find one. They also used bison/kangaroo which is leaner, but I just use lean beef.
Yield: 6 meals
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes/yams (about 2 large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ pounds green beans
- 2 pounds lean beef (93/7)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice sweet potatoes into 1-inch squares. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other seasoning you like. Stir to coat and then bake on silicone-lined baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Clean and trim the green beans, and steam them for 15 minutes. Shock them in ice water to maintain color.
- Mix up all the beef ingredients thoroughly, then form into 12 90-gram patties (they will be soft, use patty paper to keep them separate!). Heat the coconut oil on medium-high heat, then cook off the patties in batches, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Divide into 6 containers, each containing 2 beef patties, 100 grams of sweet potatoes, and 60 grams of green beans. Serve with 2 tablespoons ketchup.
Macros: 489 calories, 18.1 grams fat, 44.2 grams carbohydrates, 37.6 grams protein
(Adapted from Fit Couple Cooks Beef Meal Prep.)