Eric is starting to cook for us some nights and surprised us with this awesome recipe he found.
Yield: Serves 4-6.
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked (⅗ of box)
- ¾ pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 26-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- dash of red pepper (optional)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 8 minutes or until done. Drain.
- Add bell peppers; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in sauce, fennel, and red pepper; cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cream cheese; cook 2 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; mix lightly. Top with parmesan.
(Adapted from a Kraft recipe.)