Made this for Memorial Day dinner with the grandparents and it was a hit. The original recipe called for higher quantities of spices/sugar but this is how I made it.
Yield: Serves 6-8.
- 2½-3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 18-ounce bottle Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4-8 bolillo rolls, hamburger buns, or other rolls
- Pour half the BBQ sauce in the bottom of the crock pot. Lay the chicken breasts on the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken. Add the seasonings and brown sugar and mix/cover the chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Pull out the chicken and shred with forks. Reserve about a cup of the sauce/juices from the pot, and skim or strain it if needed. Stir the shredded chicken into the remaining sauce.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw for topping. Serve the reserved sauce on the side.
(Adapted from Flour On My Face.)